A well thought-out Data Governance strategy is required for all those organisations that rely on data to boost their growth
Today companies and organisations have huge amounts of internal and external data related to goods, processes, clients, suppliers, employees, partners and much more. It therefore represents a valuable asset, and the ability to effectively govern it is crucial for driving business growth.
Maximising the value and trustworthiness of data, better documenting it and minimising the risk of data breaches can only be done by defining Data Governance processes and policies.
To develop a proper Data governance framework means to establish a set of procedures, standards and metrics. It also includes an evaluation of expected benefits, as well as strategic, tactical and operational roles and responsibilities. This framing allows companies to define who can take what action, upon what data, in what situations and with what methods. In this way they ensure their data quality, accessibility and security.
Data governance brings the human dimension into a highly automated, data-driven context. A good Data Governance strategy not only establishes procedures and best practices in data management but also provides many other benefits:
- It ensures data is accurate, reliable, well-documented and accessible to the right people at the right time;
- It creates a common understanding of data providing a uniformed view of it while allowing individual business units a certain flexibility;
- It increases operational efficiency by streamlining processes and reducing the time and resources required to manage data;
- It enhances customer satisfaction by both providing personalised experiences and demonstrating to them that their personal data is handled responsibly;
- It makes it easier to comply with Government regulations requirements and standards.
At LARUS, we have extensive experience helping organisations in facing data transformation. We understand the challenges they face and have the expertise and technology to help overcome them.
We fully support companies in:
- Defining the scope and objectives of their Data Governance program,
- Establishing roles, accesses and responsibilities,
- Developing policies and procedures for Data Management,
- Implementing the right technologies, from management softwares to security tools,
- Regularly reviewing policies and procedures, making adjustments as needed.
By doing so, we develop Data governance strategies that are tailored on specific needs and regularly revise and update them to ensure that they remain effective.
We are proud partner of the observatory of big data & business analytics by Politecnico of Milan.
For us, this means being part of a community where we can share skills and experiences on highly discussed topics such as Data Governance.
Join the LARUS Community
Enter the LARUS Community to discuss #KnowledgeGraphs #AI #MachineLearning #DataGovernance #AdvancedAnalytics and much more. We’re looking forward to talk to you!